Some players prefer something quick and easy to learn, while others enjoy a game that takes time to master and requires a great deal more skill. Some will be concerned purely about the payout, while others will enjoy the element of competition equally as much.
For Those Who Want Something Easy to Learn and Play
Broadly speaking, the easiest live online casino games to play are:
- Roulette: As simple as it gets. Bet where a ball is going to land. Payout ratios will be clearly explained.
- Slots: Put money in the slot (virtually!), spin the wheel. On a par with roulette in the simplicity stakes.
- Baccarat: Don't be fooled by the scoring system; this game is as complicated as flipping a coin. Even players' own decisions can be taken care of for them.
For Those Who Enjoy Games Which Require More Thought
For games where there is a little more to learn:
- Craps: This classic dice game is essentially making a bet on a roll or series of rolls of dice. The game's premise is straightforward; learning the rules takes a bit longer.
- Video poker: Learning the hands can take a while, but once a player gets it, poker is hugely enjoyable.
- Sports betting: Sports betting can seem overwhelming at first, such is the abundance of different bets that can be placed. It can be lucrative for those with knowledge of a particular sport.
For Those Who Place Importance on the Skill Levels
Skill levels are a consideration for all players, whether they want a game where no skill is required or a game where they really have to think and make decisions.
Games where no element of skill is required include:
Games that offer an opportunity to beat the house and require a level of skill include:
- Sports betting
- Video poker
For Those Who Are Interested in a Big Payout!
Games that offer the bigger payouts usually have a higher house edge. They include:
- Video poker
Perhaps the granddaddy of them all is the online slot machine. Just don't expect to get as lucky as the Finnish man who placed a 25-cent bet on an online slot machine in 2013 and won a staggering €17.8 million ($24 million), which still ranks as the world's largest online casino win!
For Those Who Pay Attention to the House Edge
The house edge, the game's mathematical advantage over the player, is significant to some. Here is a rough guideline to some of the games mentioned:
- Baccarat: It is around 1% unless taking the tie bet, which has a house edge of 14.4%
- Roulette: This can vary from 2.6% to about 7.3%, depending upon the type of game being play.
- Slot machines: On an excel lent online slot, it might be as low as 1%; on a bad one, it could be as much as 25%
- Video poker: Again, it varies, depending upon the game, and can range from 1% to 15%
A player will get the most enjoyment if they think about their needs and what they enjoy most in an online casino game; it doesn't necessarily have to be all about the money.